- U.S. senators file bipartisan bill to stop state seizure of student loan defaulters’ licenses
- Podcast of criminally convicted “Dr. Death” dramatizes flaws in physician regulation
- Ban on funeral home/cemetery joint operation upheld as pro-competitive licensing rule
- No exemption from licensing rules for small-sized business
- Nevada sunset panel recommends retaining 22 boards, eliminating only “dysfunctional” homeopathy board
Continuing its periodic investigative reports on state licensing boards, the non-profit journalism organization ProPublica evaluated the state of New York nurse discipline in an April 7 report and found it in need of drastic improvement. The report, entitled "Weak Oversight Lets Dangerous Nurses Work in New York," revealed serious problems.
The content you are trying to access is only available to members. Sorry.