- Board investigator’s implied threat of sanctions excludes use of his interview of licensee as evidence in criminal case
- Vermont board would take 23% fiscal hit by signing on to interstate compact
- Unprofessionalism, sloppiness, and rudeness of surgeons linked to patients’ post-op complications
- Low public awareness found in online survey about discipline of doctors
- Board’s flawed case was not unreasonable, court finds in denying fees and costs
A March report by the Texas Sunset Commission doubled down on recommendations it made two years ago that the legislature failed to follow. Slamming the state's regulation of psychologists, social workers, professional counselors, and marriage and family therapists, the panel called for consolidation of the four boards now responsible for the licensing and discipline of the fields into one Behavioral Health Executive Council to streamline regulation and to catch up on complaint backlogs.
The content you are trying to access is only available to members. Sorry.