- With sweeping new law, Arizona aims to reset national standards for license portability
- Licensee cannot “contract out” of duties required by state licensing law, court rules
- State can deny license for licensee’s failure to report own daughter’s abuse
- Court reverses denial of license for applicant’s lack of remorse for drug crimes
- Panel not required to prove that applicant intentionally lied about felony conviction
A March report by the Texas Sunset Commission doubled down on recommendations it made two years ago that the legislature failed to follow. Slamming the state's regulation of psychologists, social workers, professional counselors, and marriage and family therapists, the panel called for consolidation of the four boards now responsible for the licensing and discipline of the fields into one Behavioral Health Executive Council to streamline regulation and to catch up on complaint backlogs.
The content you are trying to access is only available to members. Sorry.