- Only 13 of 64 medical boards subscribe to data bank discipline updates
- Felony drug conviction insufficient to suspend cosmetology license
- We said consolidate four behavioral health boards, Texas sunset panel reiterates to legislature
- Certified mail delivery of revocation order does not require signed receipt
- Oregon court again reverses revocation based on summary determination
A March report by the Texas Sunset Commission doubled down on recommendations it made two years ago that the legislature failed to follow. Slamming the state's regulation of psychologists, social workers, professional counselors, and marriage and family therapists, the panel called for consolidation of the four boards now responsible for the licensing and discipline of the fields into one Behavioral Health Executive Council to streamline regulation and to catch up on complaint backlogs.
The content you are trying to access is only available to members. Sorry.