- Court vacates board’s unexplained denial of reciprocal license for military spouse
- Board appeals malpractice ruling that undermined its 2016 revocation of doctor’s license—and wins
- Revocation and $430,000 in fines and legal costs upheld for “massive” fraud by doctor
- Federal court allows suit over lifetime monitoring of licensee with psychiatric condition to proceed
- Court overturns revocation for 2007 child sexual assault conviction
A March report by the Texas Sunset Commission doubled down on recommendations it made two years ago that the legislature failed to follow. Slamming the state's regulation of psychologists, social workers, professional counselors, and marriage and family therapists, the panel called for consolidation of the four boards now responsible for the licensing and discipline of the fields into one Behavioral Health Executive Council to streamline regulation and to catch up on complaint backlogs.
The content you are trying to access is only available to members. Sorry.