- Only 13 of 64 medical boards subscribe to data bank discipline updates
- Felony drug conviction insufficient to suspend cosmetology license
- We said consolidate four behavioral health boards, Texas sunset panel reiterates to legislature
- Certified mail delivery of revocation order does not require signed receipt
- Oregon court again reverses revocation based on summary determination
A rule passed in May by the New York State Board of Regents allows undocumented immigrants who came to the United States as children to obtain professional licenses in more than 50 professions. The New York Times highlighted the story of one man, Juan Carlos Perez, a New Yorker who arrived in the United States at the age of 11 and could not officially teach, despite his masters degree in education.
For Undocumented Immigrants, a License to Teach