- U.S. senators file bipartisan bill to stop state seizure of student loan defaulters’ licenses
- Podcast of criminally convicted “Dr. Death” dramatizes flaws in physician regulation
- Ban on funeral home/cemetery joint operation upheld as pro-competitive licensing rule
- No exemption from licensing rules for small-sized business
- Nevada sunset panel recommends retaining 22 boards, eliminating only “dysfunctional” homeopathy board
Following on the White House's recent expression of concern about state over-regulation of licensed fields, the U.S. Department of Labor announced in June that it will spend $7.5 million on three-year grants to help ensure that existing and new licensing requirements are not overly broad or burdensome and to increase license portability across state lines.
The content you are trying to access is only available to members. Sorry.