- Only 13 of 64 medical boards subscribe to data bank discipline updates
- Felony drug conviction insufficient to suspend cosmetology license
- We said consolidate four behavioral health boards, Texas sunset panel reiterates to legislature
- Certified mail delivery of revocation order does not require signed receipt
- Oregon court again reverses revocation based on summary determination
A Louisiana legislator this week proposed legislation that would require training and license registration for volunteer rescuers such as the “Cajun Navy,” an impromptu fleet of small-boat owners that mobilized to rescue stranded flood victims during the this month’s devastating floods in Baton Rouge. The proposal has prompted an angry reaction from some members of the group, who oppose regulation.
Original article, “Lawkmaker wants Cajun Navy to train, pay fee, before helping others,” by Meg Farris for WWL-TV.