- Arizona governor orders boards to justify every licensing requirement
- Armed with new task force and website, FTC chair vows libertarian approach to occupational licensing
- Dentists to offer national alternative to use of live-patient exam
- National exam administrator not required to provide due process
- Online-school grad loses bid to sit for licensing exam
Convicted felons in Illinois will no longer be barred from applying for healthcare-related professional licenses, thanks to a new state law. Only sex offenders will continue to be precluded from healthcare licensure. Any other felons will be required to apply through the Illinois Department of Financial Regulation, where aspects of their convictions will be reviewed and taken into account.
Full story by Charmaine Little via Cook County Record