- Only 13 of 64 medical boards subscribe to data bank discipline updates
- Felony drug conviction insufficient to suspend cosmetology license
- We said consolidate four behavioral health boards, Texas sunset panel reiterates to legislature
- Certified mail delivery of revocation order does not require signed receipt
- Oregon court again reverses revocation based on summary determination
Convicted felons in Illinois will no longer be barred from applying for healthcare-related professional licenses, thanks to a new state law. Only sex offenders will continue to be precluded from healthcare licensure. Any other felons will be required to apply through the Illinois Department of Financial Regulation, where aspects of their convictions will be reviewed and taken into account.
Full story by Charmaine Little via Cook County Record