- Can blog posts sidestep traditional ethics rules governing advertising?
- Minimum-fee policy for licensees violates antitrust law, FTC asserts in complaint
- Veterinary board cannot fine company regulated by pharmacy board
- No right to interpreter for licensee’s legal counsel, Ontario court rules
- Obvious incompetence opens licensee to unlicensed practice charge
Convicted felons in Illinois will no longer be barred from applying for healthcare-related professional licenses, thanks to a new state law. Only sex offenders will continue to be precluded from healthcare licensure. Any other felons will be required to apply through the Illinois Department of Financial Regulation, where aspects of their convictions will be reviewed and taken into account.
Full story by Charmaine Little via Cook County Record