- Lawyer who “did not realize” he was suspended for 17 years may be disbarred
- Delaware: Some felony convictions no longer barrier to cosmetology and barber licenses
- Funeral board in limbo after scandal, audit, and legislative fail
- Court may not order board to delete discipline from databank during appeal
- Waiver of appellate hearing precludes submitting supplemental evidence, court affirms
Convicted felons in Illinois will no longer be barred from applying for healthcare-related professional licenses, thanks to a new state law. Only sex offenders will continue to be precluded from healthcare licensure. Any other felons will be required to apply through the Illinois Department of Financial Regulation, where aspects of their convictions will be reviewed and taken into account.
Full story by Charmaine Little via Cook County Record