- With sweeping new law, Arizona aims to reset national standards for license portability
- Licensee cannot “contract out” of duties required by state licensing law, court rules
- State can deny license for licensee’s failure to report own daughter’s abuse
- Court reverses denial of license for applicant’s lack of remorse for drug crimes
- Panel not required to prove that applicant intentionally lied about felony conviction
West Virginia Gov. Jim Justice needs to appoint an all-new state funeral board after members resigned following a criminal fraud scandal and an audit recommended moving the board’s powers to another agency. Lawmakers failed to pass a bill this session transferring board authority to the Secretary of State.
Full story by Carlee Lammers of the Charleston Gazette-Mail