- Lawyer who “did not realize” he was suspended for 17 years may be disbarred
- Delaware: Some felony convictions no longer barrier to cosmetology and barber licenses
- Funeral board in limbo after scandal, audit, and legislative fail
- Court may not order board to delete discipline from databank during appeal
- Waiver of appellate hearing precludes submitting supplemental evidence, court affirms
West Virginia Gov. Jim Justice needs to appoint an all-new state funeral board after members resigned following a criminal fraud scandal and an audit recommended moving the board’s powers to another agency. Lawmakers failed to pass a bill this session transferring board authority to the Secretary of State.
Full story by Carlee Lammers of the Charleston Gazette-Mail