- U.S. senators file bipartisan bill to stop state seizure of student loan defaulters’ licenses
- Podcast of criminally convicted “Dr. Death” dramatizes flaws in physician regulation
- Ban on funeral home/cemetery joint operation upheld as pro-competitive licensing rule
- No exemption from licensing rules for small-sized business
- Nevada sunset panel recommends retaining 22 boards, eliminating only “dysfunctional” homeopathy board
West Virginia Gov. Jim Justice needs to appoint an all-new state funeral board after members resigned following a criminal fraud scandal and an audit recommended moving the board’s powers to another agency. Lawmakers failed to pass a bill this session transferring board authority to the Secretary of State.
Full story by Carlee Lammers of the Charleston Gazette-Mail