- Only 30% of docs charged with sexual misconduct are disciplined
- Opioid crisis sparks “strike and rewrite” of state’s licensing rules
- “Bad apples” study shows British doctors’ discipline is lighter than nurses’
- Applicant with ADHD may continue appeal of denial of test accommodations
- Hawaii gives strong “yes” to keeping regulation of athletic trainers
A man is now on the run after being discovered to have fraudulently treated patients in hospitals and emergency rooms in Australia for 11 years. Shyam Acharya forged a passport and stole medical qualifications from a doctor in his native India before faking his citizenship to enter Australia. The high esteem he was held in by colleagues would not prevent a possible $30,000 fine if he is captured.
Full story by Rose Brennan via The Daily Examiner