- Polygraph evidence of dissembling sparks physician’s suspension
- Convicted mayor’s former office no ticket out of license revocation
- Board may probe MD’s prescribing records without violating patients’ privacy
- Is the Internet making occupational regulation obsolete?
- Would-be contractor can’t meet experience requirement by hiring contractor
A man is now on the run after being discovered to have fraudulently treated patients in hospitals and emergency rooms in Australia for 11 years. Shyam Acharya forged a passport and stole medical qualifications from a doctor in his native India before faking his citizenship to enter Australia. The high esteem he was held in by colleagues would not prevent a possible $30,000 fine if he is captured.
Full story by Rose Brennan via The Daily Examiner