- Court vacates board’s unexplained denial of reciprocal license for military spouse
- Board appeals malpractice ruling that undermined its 2016 revocation of doctor’s license—and wins
- Revocation and $430,000 in fines and legal costs upheld for “massive” fraud by doctor
- Federal court allows suit over lifetime monitoring of licensee with psychiatric condition to proceed
- Court overturns revocation for 2007 child sexual assault conviction
The General Dental Council, regulator of all dental professionals in the UK, has announced plans to move the entire focus of its organization from enforcement action and responding to harm, to prevention, support and education. The chair of the GDC, Bill Moyes described the current system as “outdated, cumbersome and inefficient,” prompting the need for overhaul. The plans are due to be published on January 26, but as per a GDC claim, work has already begun.
Full story by Seb Evans via dentistry.co.uk